- Abstracts should contain only original material not published or presented elsewhere prior to submission
- Data driven abstracts are preferred and the background and goals of the study should be clear to the reader. This should be followed by a succinct summary of methods, a description of results, and clear conclusions
- Tables, charts or other graphics may not be included and will be deleted by the editors
- Please limit the number of authors listed to those who have substantially contributed to the research. If authors’ names appear on more than one proposal, their names must appear and be spelled identically on each abstract in order to facilitate proper indexing. Wherever possible, do not list authors with initials only.
Structure of Rapid Communication and Poster Abstracts:
- Title: Sentence Case (not all capitals) (Max. 25 words)
- Body of Abstract: Written in bold font under Headings
- Introduction (includes study hypothesis); Background/Goals; Summary of Methods; Results; Conclusions. Each heading should be its own paragraph (Max. 300 words)
- Optional References: If used, references are to be listed following the abstract (Max. 3 references)
- Abbreviations: Do not use abbreviations in the title. Limit to commonly used abbreviations and expand all abbreviations at first mention.
- Authors / Presenters: Authors’ names should be supplied in full with Surname first
All affiliations must state the authors’ institution, city and country e.g.
Brown, Gary., ABC University, Auckland, New Zealand
Smith, Alex., XYZ Hospital, Christchurch, New Zealand
You will need to select one option:
- consider for Rapid communication (10-minute oral presentation) only,
- consider for Poster presentation only, or
- consider for either oral or poster format
Topics: (Carefully select the topic under which you submit your abstract for review)
- Chronic Pain – Assessment
- Chronic Pain – Treatment Approaches
- Acute Pain
- Perioperative Pain
- Infant Pain
- Pain Education
There will be a scientific poster display in the Industry Exhibition Hall. The poster should measure 1189mm high by 841mm wide (A0 size – portrait format). The text should be in a font of sufficient size for easy reading at a distance of 1 metre. The poster boards will be Velcro-sensitive, please bring Velcro hooks to attach your poster to the board. You will also need to email the conference Manager with a high-res PDF of your poster for publication on the Symposium mobile app.