- The Chair/Moderator must be a SIG member.
- Submissions for a Workshop must include:
- a description of the proposed workshop
- three to four individual abstracts from each contributing speaker (max 200 words each). We favour international/inter-institutional collaborations so be mindful of the composition of your workshop.
Structure of Workshop Abstract:
- Title: Sentence Case (not all capitals) (Max. 25 words)
- Body of Abstract: Statement of topic (Max. 300 words)
Why is the workshop important?
What knowledge will it provide?
- Presenter Information: Full names, degrees, and affiliations of speaker(s)
Speaker 1 (Moderator) – Summary of presentation (Max. 150 words)
Speaker 2 – Summary of presentation (Max. 150 words)
Speaker 3 – Summary of presentation (Max. 150 words)
Speaker 4 – Summary of presentation (Max. 150 words)
- References: are optional
- Abbreviations: If used, must be spelt out in full at first mention followed by the abbreviation in parentheses
If you are selected to present a Workshop your team will need to:
- Prepare and practise a 70-minute set of presentations
- Make a plan for audience participation in 10-20 minutes
- Use standard audio-visual equipment – lectern, microphone, PC laptop, data projector and screen
- All presentations will need to be presented in PowerPoint